By accessing, using or downloading/uploading any materials from/to this Site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. In addition, you agree to the applicable Supplemental Terms by accessing, using, downloading materials from or uploading materials to that Additional Service.
1. Copyrights. Unless otherwise noted, all information, text, articles, data, images, documents, software or other materials (collectively, "Materials") contained on any page within this Site are copyrighted by SAE ITC or a third party (collectively, "IP Holder"). Title to copyright in the Materials will at all times remain with the IP Holder. You may only use, download or copy the Materials contained in the Site in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Any permitted copies of the Materials must retain the copyright notice, and any other proprietary notices contained in such Materials. Unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, you may not edit, modify, adapt or make use of the Materials without the express, prior written consent of SAE ITC. You may not use any content contained in the Materials in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression or statement as to SAE ITC, the IP Holder, or any third party referenced in the Materials. Nothing on this Site shall be construed as conferring any license under any IP Holder's intellectual property rights. You agree to use the Site and the Materials and services and products on the Site or accessible via the Site only for lawful purposes. SAE ITC MAY REVOKE ANY OF THE FOREGOING RIGHTS, AS WELL AS ANY ACCESS AND USE AUTHORIZATIONS GRANTED TO USERS OF THE SITE AT ANY TIME. Except as specifically provided in these Terms and Conditions (including any applicable Supplemental Terms), any reproduction, distribution, replication or retransmission of any information contained on this Site without the prior written consent of SAE ITC is strictly prohibited.
3. Liability Disclaimers & Limitations.
4. Links to Third Party Sites. SAE ITC is not responsible for the contents of any websites that are accessible via any link on this Site, or any changes or updates to the information contained in such sites. SAE ITC provides the linked sites to you as a convenience and does not imply that SAE ITC endorses the site, the organization operating such site, nor any products or services of that organization.
5. Export Restrictions. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the U.S. Export Administration Laws and Regulations. Diversion of such Materials contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. You agree that none of the Materials is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred, or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals, unless authorized by the U.S. Government. You agree to comply strictly with all U.S. export laws and assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required.
6. Confidentiality & Use of Information. Unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, any communication, comments, material or feedback with regard to contents on this Site transmitted by a user of this Site via electronic mail or otherwise shall be deemed to be non-confidential and SAE ITC shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation. Further, SAE ITC shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, publication on the Site, or other SAE ITC publications, and developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
7. Governing Law and Venue. Any action, proceeding, dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Site or these Terms and Conditions, or any SAE ITC products or SAE ITC services offered on or accessed via the Site, shall (i) be governed by Pennsylvania law, without regard to its conflicts of law rules and (ii) be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Pennsylvania or of the United States District Courts located within Pennsylvania, and you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of said courts.
8. Complete Agreement; Changes to the Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions represent the entire understanding relating to the use of the Site and prevail over any prior or contemporaneous, conflicting or additional, communications. SAE ITC shall have the right to revise and modify the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the revised Terms and Conditions on the Site. Any use of the Site after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions by the user.
9. Trademarks. "SAE ITC", the SAE ITC logo, and other SAE ITC logos and titles are trademarks or service marks of SAE ITC. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without prior written permission of SAE ITC or other trademark owners.
10. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless SAE ITC, its officers, directors, employees, members, agents and affiliates from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your breach of the Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, the Supplemental Terms.
11. Termination. SAE ITC may terminate this agreement and your access and use of the Site, or any portion of the Site, in the event of any conduct by you or through your account which SAE ITC, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of the Terms and Conditions.
1. OFFER AND ACCEPTANCE. This Purchase Order is an offer to purchase and is limited to the terms and conditions contained herein. Acceptance of this Purchase Order is expressly and exclusively made conditional on Seller's assent to these terms and conditions. Any different or additional terms and conditions that may appear in Seller's acknowledgement or acceptance shall have no effect. SAE Industry Technologies Consortia ("SAE ITC") expressly objects to and rejects all inconsistent or additional terms and conditions and limitations contained on any of Seller's forms or other writings. Seller may accept this Purchase Order only by executing and returning to SAE ITC the acknowledgment copy hereof. If Seller shall, instead of accepting this Purchase Order, ship any goods or commence any services in response to this Purchase Order, SAE ITC may at its sole election, either reject the tendered goods or treat such tendering of goods or commencement of services as constituting acceptance and assent to the terms and conditions hereof.
2. SHIPMENT OF GOODS. Shipment shall be made in accordance with any specific instructions from SAE ITC on the face of this Purchase Order. In the absence of specific shipping instructions, shipment shall be routed via the most economical mode of commercially reasonable transportation available. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by SAE ITC, prices on the face hereof include all charges for packing, crating and shipping, and Seller is obligated to suitably pack, mark and ship all goods to prevent damage and to conform to requirements of common carriers. Notwithstanding any shipping, FOB or other terms or rights of SAE ITC included herein, SAE ITC shall have the right to return all freight-damaged merchandise to Seller and receive full credit therefore, unless said damage has been caused by the negligence of SAE ITC.
3. DELIVERY OF GOODS/PERFORMANCE OF SERVICES. Time is of the essence. Delivery of goods shall be made in quantities and at the times(s) specified in this Purchase Order. Deliveries that are not made on the date or dates specified may be canceled or rejected by SAE ITC. If any goods delivered do not conform to this Purchase Order, SAE ITC may reject such goods or the entire lot received. Unless delay is due to causes beyond Seller's control, premium transportation costs to meet delivery schedules shall be at Seller's expense. If requested by SAE ITC, Seller will mail a notice of shipment the same day goods are shipped. Performance and completion of services according to the schedule set forth in this Purchase Order is an essential part thereof. Seller's failure to perform the services in accordance with schedule requirements shall be considered cause for termination, such termination to be effective as to services not yet performed by Seller.
4. INSPECTION AND QUALITY CONTROL. Notwithstanding payment, passage of title, prior inspection or testing, all good and/or services are subject to final inspection and acceptance or rejection by SAE ITC.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Intellectual Property means any know-how, trade secrets, inventions (patented or unpatented), improvements, patent applications, designs, data, copyrights, trademarks, technology and information or advice, oral or in writing, and includes any material or products or services made, developed or created to SAE ITC's design or specifications hereunder. In the event Intellectual Property is created or developed pursuant to this Purchase Order, Seller agrees that all Intellectual Property arising out of SAE ITC's Confidential Information or otherwise in connection with this Purchase Order, shall be the sole and exclusive property of SAE ITC. To the extent necessary, Seller shall assign all of its rights, title and interest in all intellectual property, including copyrights, created pursuant to this Purchase Order. Seller specifically authorizes SAE ITC to take all necessary action to evidence the transfer of all other ownership rights from Seller to SAE ITC.
6. WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES. Whether or not Seller is a merchant of goods, Seller warrants that all goods provided by it: (i) shall be of good quality and workmanship and free from defects, latent or patent; (ii) shall strictly conform to all specifications, drawings and descriptions furnished, specified or adopted by SAE ITC; (iii) if, of Seller's design, shall be free from design defects; (iv) shall be merchantable, suitable and sufficient for their intended purposes; and (v) shall be free of any claim of any third party. Seller also warrants that all services will be performed in a good, workmanlike and professional manner, in accordance with the specifications, drawings, samples, or other data or descriptions furnished or approved by SAE ITC. NONE OF THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO SAE ITC FOR THE BREACH OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES MAY BE LIMITED EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT AND IN THE MANNER AGREED UPON BY SAE ITC IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATING SUCH LIMITATION AND SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SAE ITC. NO LIMITATION ON LIABILITY OR ON DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHER LIABILITY SHALL APPLY, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT AND IN THE MANNER AGREED UPON BY SAE ITC IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATING SUCH LIMITATION AND SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SAE ITC. SAE ITC's inspection and/or acceptance of and/or payment of goods and/or services shall not constitute a waiver by it of any warranties. SAE ITC's approval of any sample or acceptance of any goods and/or services shall not relieve Seller from responsibility to deliver goods and/or provide services conforming to specifications, drawings and descriptions.
7. INFRINGEMENT WARRANTY. Seller warrants that (i) neither the goods furnished or services provided hereunder, nor the sale or use thereof, will infringe any United States or Foreign Letters Patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary or similar rights; (ii) Seller will, at its own expense, defend any suit that may arise with respect to any aforementioned infringement or allegation thereof; and (iii) Seller will indemnify and hold SAE ITC and/or its customers harmless from all loss and expense incurred on account of any alleged or actual infringement. SAE ITC shall promptly notify Seller of any such infringement claim made against it. The warranty provided here shall not apply to goods or services to the extent such goods or services comply with specifications furnished by SAE ITC. In the event that the performance of said services or use of said goods or any part thereof is enjoined, SAE ITC at its election may require Seller, at Seller's sole cost and expense, to: (i) procure for SAE ITC, within thirty (30) days, the right to continue using said services or goods or any part thereof; (ii) modify same so it becomes non-infringing; (iii) replace it with non-infringing services, goods or parts; or (iv) take back the goods and refund SAE ITC's purchase price.
8. INDEMNITY AND INSURANCE. Seller shall indemnify and hold SAE ITC, its officers, directors, members, staff and other representatives harmless, and at Seller's expense, defend SAE ITC from all liability, loss and expense, or claims therefore, arising out of death or injury to any person or damage to any property, or any other damage or loss, by whomsoever suffered, resulting in whole or in part from any act or omission of the seller, its employees, agents or servants, alleged or actual defect, whether latent or patent, in goods or services sold to SAE ITC hereunder including without limitation actual or alleged improper construction or design or failure to comply with specifications, or from the actual or alleged violation by such goods (or their manufacture, possession, use or sale) or services of any Federal, state or local rule, regulation or governmental order, or from the failure of such goods or services to comply with any express or implied warranty of Seller or with any of the provisions which govern Seller's performance under this purchase agreement provided that this indemnity shall be null and void to the extent such liability, loss or expense, or claim(s) therefore, results solely from the negligence of SAE ITC. Seller must, at its own expense, obtain and maintain Comprehensive General Liability insurance, on an occurrence basis, with a limit of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate combined single limit bodily injury/property damage (including products and completed operations coverage), Automobile Liability insurance no less than $1,000,000 combined single limit and Workers Compensation (statutory limits) coverage. Seller shall provide SAE ITC with a current certificate of insurance reflecting evidence of coverage listing SAE ITC as additional insured no less than 30 days in advance of deliverables.
9. PRICE, TAXES AND QUANTITIES. Seller shall furnish the goods and/or services called for by this Purchase Order in accordance with the prices and delivery/performance dates stated on the face hereof. Seller warrants that the prices charged for the goods covered by this Purchase Order will be as low as the lowest prices charged by the Seller to any other customers purchasing similar goods in the same or smaller quantities, and under like circumstances. Goods shipped under this Purchase Order must be shipped in the quantity ordered.
10. NONDISCLOSURE. Seller may have access to and become familiar with various trade secrets and other information that is believed to be confidential and proprietary to SAE ITC and/or SAE ITC's customers (collectively "Confidential Information") including, but not limited to, information relating to products, services, research, development, inventions, prototypes, techniques, devices, drawings, specifications, processes, financial information or other business strategies. For purposes of this Purchase Order, Confidential Information shall include the existence of this Purchase Order and the fact that Seller is furnishing SAE ITC with the goods and/or services herein mentioned. Seller agrees that it/she/he shall not disclose Confidential Information to any third party or reproduce Confidential Information except with the prior written consent of SAE ITC. Seller further agrees that it/he/she shall only use Confidential Information in connection with this Purchase Order. All files, records, documents, drawings, specifications, equipment and similar items relating to the business of SAE ITC, whether prepared by Seller or otherwise coming into its possession, shall remain the exclusive property of SAE ITC. Seller shall promptly return all Confidential Information furnished pursuant to this Purchase Order and any copies thereof, when requested by SAE ITC upon termination of this Purchase Order, or as otherwise requested by SAE ITC.
11. CHANGES. SAE ITC reserves the right at any time prior to shipment to make changes to: (i) the specifications of any services to be performed and/or goods to be specifically manufactured for SAE ITC, (ii) the methods of shipment or packing, (iii) the place of delivery/performance, (iv) the schedule of delivery/performance; and (v) reduce, increase or cancel the quantities ordered. If any such change causes an increase or decrease in the cost of or the time required for performance of this Purchase Order, an equitable adjustment shall be made in the contract price or delivery schedule, or both. Any claim by Seller for adjustment under this clause shall be deemed waived unless asserted in writing within ten (10) days from receipt by Seller of the change.
12. CANCELLATION AND REMEDIES. SAE ITC may cancel this Purchase Order in whole or in part if: (i) the goods and/or services furnished do not conform to warranties; (ii) Seller fails to make deliveries and/or performs services as provided herein; (iii) Seller breaches any other term or condition herein; (iv) any representation by Seller proves to have been false when made; or (v) Seller is insolvent, a petition is filed for reorganization of Seller or for its adjudication as a bankrupt, Seller makes an assignment for benefit of creditors, and a receiver or trustee is appointed for any of Seller's assets or any other type of insolvency proceeding or formal or informal proceeding for the dissolution, liquidation, or winding up of affairs of Seller, is commenced. In the event of any such breach, SAE ITC shall have the right, in addition to its other rights available under law or this Purchase Order: (i) to refuse to accept delivery of goods; (ii) to require Seller to immediately re-perform services at no additional charge; (iii) to require a refund of amounts paid by SAE ITC; (iv) to recover any advance payments to Seller for unperformed services and/or undelivered or returned goods; and (iv) to purchase goods and/or services elsewhere and charge Seller with any loss incurred as a result thereof. Upon cancellation as aforesaid, SAE ITC shall not have any liability to Seller except that Seller may charge to SAE ITC only the allocable part of the price for conforming services performed and/or goods delivered, and not returned. In addition, SAE ITC shall have the option of paying to Seller, Seller's actual costs for undelivered goods, in which event, such goods, whether in process or finished, and raw materials therefore, shall become SAE ITC's property and shall be delivered to SAE ITC as herein provided. In no event shall SAE ITC be obligated to pay to Seller an amount greater than the price herein for said delivered and undelivered goods in total.
13. ASSIGNMENT AND SUBCONTRACTING. Seller agrees not to subcontract for any services, complete or substantially complete materials and/or supplies called for by this Purchase Order without the prior written consent of SAE ITC. Seller may not assign this Purchase Order or any rights under this Purchase Order without the written consent of SAE ITC, and no purported assignment by Seller shall be binding on SAE ITC without such consent. No consent shall be deemed to relieve Seller of its obligations to comply fully with the requirements of this Purchase Order.
14. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS. In performance of this Purchase Order, Seller shall comply with all applicable Federal, state and local laws, rules, codes and regulations for violation of which SAE ITC may be liable including particularly the requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as amended, and any requirements for packaging, labeling, crating and registering for transportation. Seller will apply for and obtain, at its sole expense, all licenses, approvals and permits required by governmental and quasi-governmental authorities having jurisdiction over the performance of the services. Seller agrees to indemnify SAE ITC, its customers and agents for any loss, damage or award sustained because of Seller's noncompliance with this paragraph.
15. EXCUSABLE DELAYS. Neither of the parties shall be held responsible for any delay or failure in performance hereunder caused by fire, embargoes, acts of the government in either its sovereign or contractual capacity, civil or military authorities, acts of God or by the public enemy, or other causes beyond their control and without their fault or negligence, provided, that Seller furnish written notice to SAE ITC within five (5) days of the time Seller first receives knowledge of the occurrence of any such cause which will or may delay Seller's performance.
16. MISCELLANEOUS. Whenever Seller shall have in its possession any property of SAE ITC, Seller shall be deemed an insurer thereof and responsible for its safe return to SAE ITC. Whenever SAE ITC has the right to demand of Seller adequate assurance of due performance, SAE ITC shall be the sole judge of the adequacy of assurance given by Seller. No delay or omission by SAE ITC in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall be a waiver thereof of any other right or remedy. No single or partial waiver by SAE ITC thereof shall preclude any other or further exercise of any other right or remedy. All rights and remedies of SAE ITC hereunder are cumulative. No course of prior dealings between SAE ITC and Seller and no usage of the trade shall be relevant to supplement or explain this Agreement. This Purchase Order and any agreement resulting herefrom cannot be modified or amended without the written consent of SAE ITC.
17. DISPUTES. The construction, interpretation and performance hereof and all transactions hereunder shall be governed by the domestic law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Seller hereby consents that all legal proceedings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be maintained in the appropriate state or federal courts located within the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and consent that jurisdiction and venue for such proceedings shall be exclusively with such courts.
SAE ITC is headquartered in Warrendale, PA, in the United States. You may contact SAE ITC's internal data protection resource if you have any questions or concerns about SAE ITC's policies or practices regarding Personal Data:
400 Commonwealth Drive
Warrendale, PA 15096, USA
Membership: If you provide your Personal Data to SAE ITC to become a member of SAE ITC, or if you sign up to become a registered user of any website operated by SAE ITC, you will be required to provide certain information as part of the registration process. This information will include your first and last name, email address, and business or home address. We may also request that you voluntarily provide other information, such as your phone number, year of birth, gender, demographic information, educational background, work experience, or courses or areas of study in which you may be interested and information about your company as it relates to SAE ITC's products, services, and your SAE ITC membership. Membership information is used to communicate with you, to design content and activities that we believe would be of interest to you, and to ensure that SAE ITC will not violate any applicable U.S. sanctions in providing you access to SAE ITC's goods and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications from us, please follow the instructions contained in an applicable communication you receive from us and submit a request.
Events and Conferences: SAE ITC may host events that include in-person and virtual conferences, training, knowledge sharing and webinars. If you register for a SAE ITC event and you are an SAE ITC member, we will access the information in your member account to provide you with information and services associated with the event. If you register for one of our events and you are not an SAE ITC member, we will collect your first and last name, email address, business or home address, and the type of business you work for or with, which we will use to provide you with information and services associated with the event.
Publications: We offer various publications and materials through our Sites. These publications and materials are publicly accessible and you can create an account and subscribe to receive these publications and materials. If you are not an SAE ITC member and you create an account for this purpose, you will be required to provide certain information as part of your account registration, including your first and last name, email address, and business or home address. You may manage your SAE ITC subscriptions by subscribing or unsubscribing at any time. If you have any difficulties managing your subscription or other preferences, please inquire at [email protected].
Communications with SAE ITC: If you communicate or correspond with us by email, through postal mail, via phone or through other forms of communication, we may collect the information you provide as part of those communications. For example, if you correspond with us through email, we may collect and store the email address you use to send the applicable correspondence and use it to respond to your inquiry; to notify you of SAE ITC conferences, publications, or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and similar purposes.
We may automatically collect information about you when you use the Sites or our services. For example, if you access the Sites through a computer, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address and standard web log information. If you access the Sites through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device's location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer. The information that we automatically collect from you is used to enhance the performance of SAE ITC's Sites.
We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Sites using "cookies" and other similar technologies, such as web beacons. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer's Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time. The cookies are not able to execute code or access other information stored on the computer. Web beacons are transparent pixel images that are used in collecting information about website usage, email response and tracking.
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Sites may include, without limitation:
This information is collected to enhance site performance and end user experience. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies and web beacons, please consult the privacy features in your browser.
SAE ITC will not associate identifiers from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive identifiers about you, such as race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
All payments made to SAE ITC are processed by a PCI-DSS compliant (these are payment card industry data security standards) payment processing service engaged by SAE ITC. All information collected by these third-party providers for purposes of processing your payments is not available to us, unless you have otherwise provided this information to us in connection with your use of the Sites or our products and services.
We may receive personal information about individuals from third parties. Our third-party partners may also share your personal information with SAE ITC when you sign up for events, training courses or other activities through the applicable partner.
SAE ITC uses personal information for the purposes described at the time of collection, to provide benefits and other services to you, including order processing or membership applications, or registering you for events, and to otherwise process your requests or address your inquiries, and to report to others about whether you are a member or not. SAE ITC also uses your information, as permitted by law, to provide you with information about SAE ITC, our products and services or other products and services in which we believe you may be interested. If you are a member or registered user, we may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these emails from us, please follow the instructions contained in an applicable email you receive from us, which will allow you to opt-out of receiving these types of email communications from us. We may also use your personal information to tailor your experience at our Sites, to compile and display content and information that we think you might be interested in, and to provide you with content according to these preferences. ITC may also use this information to help us understand our members' needs and interests, to better tailor our products and services to meet your needs.
Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with vendors or third parties who deliver or provide goods and services or otherwise act on behalf of or at the direction of SAE ITC. These third parties may include, for example, our third-party technology providers and event providers and partners, product-fulfillment companies, and third-party event hosts, hotels for conference registrants, sponsors, co-sponsors and exhibitors. These third-party service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf. If you do not wish to have your information included in an attendee list or to receive information from sponsors, co-sponsors and/or exhibitors, you can express your preferences when you register for events or you may contact SAE ITC directly at [email protected].
SAE ITC Events. If you are an event attendee, speaker, or sponsor, certain items of your information may be included in the event roster, which will be publicly disclosed, and may also be shared with third-party event sponsors and exhibitors. Further, by registering and attending a SAE ITC event, you agree irrevocably, with no compensation to you, that SAE ITC or any third party who is acting on SAE ITC's behalf may create images, videos and/or sound recordings of you ("works”) at the event for marketing purposes. This grant of rights in the works also includes the rights to adapt, reproduce, distribute, perform, make available to the public, broadcast, retransmit or sublicense the works to SAE ITC's affiliates. This grant of rights in the works also includes all current and future media and is not restricted to time or territory.
Response to Subpoenas, Court Orders, Government Requests or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (a) required to do so by law or regulation, or in response to a subpoena or court order or any other enforceable governmental request or order; (b) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (c) we believe that you have abused the Sites by using them to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information might be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
Legal Basis for the Processing of Personal Information from European Union (EU) Residents and Citizens
If you reside within or are a citizen of the EU, our processing of your personal information will be legitimized as follows:
(i) Whenever we require your consent for the processing of your personal information such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. (a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR”). This article in the GDPR describes when processing can be done lawfully.
(ii) If the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and SAE ITC or for taking any pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (b).”). If this data is not processed, SAE ITC will not be able to execute the contract with you.
(iii) Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your information on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (c), for example complying in the fields of employment law.
(iv) And where the processing is necessary for the purposes of SAE ITC's legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (f), for example to detect fraud.
Transferring Personal Data from the EU to the United States of America (US):
European Union Data Subject Rights
The EU GDPR and other countries' privacy laws provide certain rights for data subjects (these are persons that can be identified).
If you wish to confirm that SAE ITC is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data SAE ITC may have about you, or have other questions, please contact us at [email protected].
You may also request information about the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; who else outside SAE ITC might have received the data from SAE ITC; what the source of the information was (if you did not provide it directly to SAE ITC); where the personal data is stored and how long it will be stored. You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by SAE ITC if it is inaccurate. You may request that SAE ITC erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also ask SAE ITC for your personal data to be supplemented or updated, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. You may withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data or the further processing of personal data by SAE ITC at any time. You may also request that SAE ITC cease using your data for direct marketing purposes. In many countries (including EU countries), you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how SAE ITC processes your personal data. When technically feasible, SAE ITC will—at your request—provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format.
Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost to SAE ITC members, conference attendees and others upon request made to SAE ITC at [email protected]. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable timeframe, SAE ITC will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, SAE ITC will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
SAE ITC uses reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to safeguard personal information you provide through the Sites or in connection with SAE ITC's products and services. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, SAE ITC cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites and you do so at your own risk.
Your personal data is stored by SAE ITC on its servers, and on the servers of the database management services SAE ITC engages, located in the United States. SAE ITC retains data for the duration of the customer's or member's business relationship with SAE ITC and otherwise as required under applicable law. Personal data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which your personal data are processed. We will retain your personal data as long as you are an SAE ITC member or require our services so that we can provide these services to you.
If you are located in or a citizen of the EU, at the moment you cancel your SAE ITC membership or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information, all your personal data received and stored are erased if no longer needed by us, unless we are required to retain this personal data by law or to comply with our regulatory obligations. In such a case, we will only keep this personal data for as long as necessary. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact our data privacy resource at [email protected].
SAE ITC is a trade association and the Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. SAE ITC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 13 (COPPA - The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent of a child under 13, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us at [email protected].
SAE ITC is a professional membership association and the Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. SAE ITC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 13 (COPPA - The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent of a child under 13, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us at [email protected].
The website provided by SAE Industry Technologies Consortia ("SAE ITC"), including but not limited to SAE ITC Videos and the SAE ITC Community (collectively, "SAE ITC Services"), is open to all points of view on intended business- and professional-related topics. Please interact with other users respectfully, as you would in any professional arena. If you disagree with the statements of another user, it is acceptable to engage in polite, mature debate. Name-calling, personal attacks, harassment, and other aggressive postings or behavior are not allowed.
The following content and conduct are not allowed in the SAE ITC Services, and are cause for suspension or termination without prior notice. Your posts, uploads or other communications that include the following content or reflect prohibited conduct, as described below, may be subject to removal. By accessing or participating in the SAE ITC Services, you understand and agree not to engage in, encourage, or otherwise support any of the following:
1. Illegal or fraudulent activity or any harm to the SAE ITC Services or it users. You agree not to engage in, promote, or advocate any illegal activity or fraudulent schemes of any kind.
2. Profane, obscene, inappropriate, explicit, pornographic, and disruptive material of any kind - including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings, or other characters are used to suggest profane language - is strictly prohibited.
3. Common Courtesy, Complaints and Etiquette
4. Solicitations and promotions and other commercial use
5. Copyright and intellectual property violations
SAE ITC's intellectual property is its most valuable asset. As such, the Consortia expend considerable resources maintaining and protecting its rights to its intellectual property.
SAE ITC reserves the right to copyright any of its print products, electronic products, databases, audio/visual products and any other subject matter. This is intended to protect SAE ITC and its members from unauthorized copying and distribution of SAE ITC intellectual property. SAE ITC's intellectual property may only be used in a manner that furthers the organization's purposes.
It is also SAE ITC policy that the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of third parties be respected and not infringed upon by SAE ITC or any of its consortia, committees, or any employee, member or other person acting on behalf of SAE ITC.
The SAE ITC Intellectual Property (IP) Rights and Usage Policy is a statement of SAE ITC's policy that covers all aspects of its intellectual property ownership and the ownership of such rights by others. This Policy attempts to set forth SAE ITC's position regarding the use of the IP Rights and the policies regarding such use.
NATURE OF IP RIGHTS
The IP Rights of SAE ITC comprise three (3) types of intellectual property: Copyrights, Trademarks and Patents.
Exclusivity of Rights
Copyrights cover all aspects of SAE ITC's business such as standards, publications, technical reports, and other published material. Papers, Magazines, Books, Courseware, Journals, and the like are all protected by Copyright. In addition, software, videos, audio files and the SAE ITC Website also come within the protection accorded by Copyright. In summary, Copyright provides the exclusive right to SAE ITC to reproduce, display and distribute the works it publishes and accords SAE ITC the exclusive right to create derivative works from such copyrighted works. These exclusive rights are a substantial economic asset of the Consortia and are not to be exploited without the specific consent of SAE ITC. SAE ITC has an extensive program for the licensing, distribution and sale of its Copyrighted works that is administered by the SAE ITC IP Department.
Acquisition of Rights by SAE ITC
As a policy, SAE ITC does not publish works in which it does not own the copyright or hold a license. In most cases, the works that SAE ITC publishes are authored by its members, volunteers, third-party contractors, or staff. Accordingly, it is necessary to obtain copyright ownership by SAE ITC of all works that are to be published and distributed by SAE ITC.
Licensing of SAE ITC's Copyrighted Works
SAE ITC does not permit the use or copying of copyrighted works without a license. A license to use SAE ITC's copyrighted works, including Technical Reports, Magazines, Books, Software and the like can be requested from SAE ITC through its Intellectual Property Department.
The Trade and Service Marks of SAE ITC are valuable assets that distinguish the services and products of SAE ITC. It is important that these Marks be respected and used properly.
Certification and Conformance
Unless a product or service has passed a conformance test sponsored by SAE ITC, it is inappropriate and improper to use an SAE ITC Mark in connection with such product or service to imply that it has been certified by SAE ITC. Any marketing or advertisement of a product or service claiming conformance to an SAE ITC Technical Report shall indicate the basis of such conformance and shall not imply that SAE ITC has authorized or approved such claim, unless the conformance testing is part of an SAE ITC conformance program permitting such claims.
Using SAE ITC Marks
When referring to services or products of SAE ITC, the SAE ITC trade and service marks are to be used as an adjective before a generic name of the product or service which is being referenced. If there are questions concerning the use of SAE ITC marks in publication, including the use of marks together with third-party trademarks or tradenames, contact the SAE ITC IP Department.
Use of the SAE ITC Trademarks (Words and Logos)
The SAE ITC trademarks should only be used in officially sponsored conferences or events of SAE ITC. Guidelines for the use of SAE ITC trademarks are available from the SAE ITC Marketing Department.
Use of SAE Letterhead
Use of SAE ITC Letterhead or SAE ITC trademarks on non-SAE ITC documents is not permitted unless such person has been authorized by the SAE ITC Office of Secretary. SAE ITC-authorized committee or workgroup letterhead is provided to specifically designated personnel for official SAE ITC use only.
Using Third-Party Marks
Using the trade or service marks of other organizations in Technical Reports, publications and technical papers should be avoided where possible. However, if it is important to the substance of the publication to use a third-party trade or service mark, one should adhere to the same standards of use as with an SAE ITC mark; that is, to use it as an adjective in front of the generic name of the product or service. An asterisk (*) must be used with a footnote indicating the ownership of the mark. Technical Reports should use the generic description of products in reference to their applicability or suitability for use in conformance to the requirements of the Technical Report.
It has been traditionally the position of SAE ITC to avoid the use of patented technology in Technical Reports. However, with the advent of more complex technologies, it is not always possible to provide Technical Reports that meet today's needs without incorporating technologies that are patented. It has become difficult, if not impossible; to develop standards that do not take advantage of or otherwise incorporate the use of products, systems or process that implementation would necessarily infringe a claim of such a patent. Accordingly, SAE ITC Technical Reports may include the known use of patent(s), including patent applications, if there is in the opinion of the committee developing the Technical Report technical justification and provided that SAE ITC receive assurance from the patent holder that it will license applicants under reasonable terms and conditions for the purpose of implementing the standard. This assurance shall be provided without coercion and prior to the approval of the standard or reaffirmation when a patent becomes known after the initial approval of the standard. This assurance shall be a letter that is in the form of either:
A general disclaimer to the effect that the patentee will not enforce any of its present or future patent(s) whose claims would be necessarily infringed by implementation of the proposed SAE ITC Technical Report against any person or entity implementing the mandatory provisions of the Technical Report to effect compliance or;
A statement that a license will be made available to all applicants without compensation or under reasonable rates, with reasonable terms and conditions that are demonstrably free of any unfair discrimination.
This information is intended as a quick reference guide briefly summarizing the U.S. Export Control Laws (as defined below). This summary is not authoritative and is not a thorough restatement of those laws. If you have any questions about U.S. Export Control Laws, contact your attorney.
SAE Industry Technologies Consortia ("SAE ITC") is proud to have a network of members, volunteers and authors from around the world. Through this network, each year, SAE ITC publishes many technical papers, engineering standards and books, offers a wide array of professional development opportunities, hosts numerous meetings and exhibits worldwide and provides local networking opportunities. As a U.S.-based, non-profit organization, SAE ITC takes seriously its obligations to comply with U.S. Export Control Laws, including the trade embargoes administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury (the "OFAC Regulations"), the Export Administration Regulations (the "EAR") and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (the "ITAR") (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Awareness of these U.S. Export Control Laws is particularly important for those SAE ITC members, volunteers and authors who prepare publications or other materials for SAE ITC. This page serves
SAE ITC members, volunteers and authors should regularly monitor the U.S. Export Control Laws. SAE ITC reserves the right to update this page and SAE ITC's policies and procedures as necessary. This summary is for purposes of convenience only and is not an authoritative summary of U.S. Export Control Laws.
This travel policy applies to all U.S and International Consultants that travel on business for SAE ITC. The document establishes procedures for Consultants to follow when business travel occurs. SAE ITC will reimburse Consultants for reasonable expenses incurred while traveling on business for SAE ITC.
SAE ITC permits choices in booking travel arrangements including air, hotel and car. Such choices include the following three options:
Consultants are to book the lowest logical coach or economy class airfare at the time of reservation for domestic or international flights. Consultant should try booking air travel well enough in advance to obtain a reasonably priced airfare. If advance approval is obtained, the Consultant can use an alternate mode of transportation and expenses incurred while in transit may be reimbursable but may not exceed what the cost of airfare would have been. Any special discount airfares with cancellation penalties must be approved by SAE ITC prior to their purchase.
SAE ITC normally requires Consultants to drive to business appointments that involve shorter distances. However, before making the final decision to drive, travelers should select the least expensive cost to SAE ITC after calculating the fly versus drive expenses, along with costs for car, hotel, parking, and any other potential expenses.
The Consultant may drive, either by using his/her own private automobile, or by using a rental car. However, before making the final decision to use his/her own private automobile, travelers should select the least expensive cost to SAE ITC after calculating the cost of using his/her own private automobile versus the use of a rental car.
Mileage reimbursement for the use of a private automobile will coincide with current IRS guidelines. Fuel when using a private vehicle is covered by the mileage reimbursement and should not be submitted for reimbursement. Consultants are expected to maintain adequate automotive insurance and, as such, assume full responsibility for all liabilities associated with such use.
For rental cars, SAE ITC will cover the cost of a rental car (mid-size or standard size) plus fuel for the rental car. When renting a car, the Consultant must have a valid driver's license and provide proof of insurance. Personal auto insurance should cover liability and personal injury, however the Consultant may want to verify his/her coverage prior to their trip. With these proper coverages in place, the insurance offered by the rental company should be waived. Consultants are required to reserve the lowest cost rental in the car size requested, regardless of whether on/off airport premises and regardless of the rental company offered. Any damage to the rental car must be covered under the Consultant's own automobile insurance. SAE ITC is not responsible for any physical damage to the rental vehicle while in the Consultant's possession.
Tolls and parking will also be reimbursed for private or rental car.
Single rooms at moderately priced hotels are considered appropriate accommodations. Cost is usually determined upon the city and location so approximately $100.00 - $150.00 per night can be used as a guide. All hotel rooms should be guaranteed by credit card. SAE ITC approval prior to travel is required for hotels which exceed the SAE ITC preferred rates. Hotel room cancellations are the responsibility of the Consultant. Original receipts* from the hotel outlining details of the stay are required for reimbursement.
For reimbursement purposes, the origin of travel is the Consultant's work location or personal residence, whichever occurs last. SAE ITC will cover airport parking and reimburse mileage expense for distance traveled to and from the airport when using a personal vehicle. Check with SAE ITC if you incur an expense not mentioned in this guideline. It is the Consultant's responsibility to gain approval for any questionable expenses.
For U.S. and International non-exempt Consultants who are required to travel for work will be paid for such travel time in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. If the Consultant is traveling during normal work hours (9-5, M-F) they will be paid their regular rate. However, if the worker is traveling on nights and weekends, the Consultant will be compensated at the minimum wage rate per the location in which they reside. The origin of travel is the Consultant's work location or personal residence, whichever occurs last. All time spent for such travel is counted as work time. If the Consultant is required to travel out of town, the time is compensable when travel occurs during normal working hours. For travel on a non-work day, if the travel occurs during normal working hours, the time is compensable. Any portion of authorized travel time that takes place outside the normal work hours is not compensable unless the Consultant is engaging in work. If traveling between time zones, the time in which the Consultant departs will be used to calculate the hours worked. State and local regulations will also be considered when applicable. Travel time between hotel and worksite is considered normal commuting time and is not eligible for compensation.
Meal costs, not to exceed $75.00/day (including tips), are covered. Original receipts* or original hotel bills must be submitted in which these expenses are listed.
Some expenses that SAE ITC will not reimburse are alcoholic beverages, movies (in-hotel or in-flight), traffic violations/fines, personal entertainment, dry cleaning, spouse or guest costs, and no-show fees. This is not an exhaustive list and other personal items or expenses may not be reimbursable.
Consultants are responsible for their own personal property while traveling on SAE ITC business. SAE ITC will not reimburse for stolen, lost, damaged or destroyed personal property.
To receive reimbursement, original* receipts as outlined in this document must be submitted.
An original receipt is required for any expenditure, no matter what the purpose. Expenses without an original receipt will not be reimbursed.
Original receipts are needed for reimbursement of meals, parking, hotel, and, if a paper airline ticket was used. If an electronic airline ticket was booked, SAE ITC will accept a forwarded e-mail receipt, or a computer printed receipt. The receipt page must indicate that the ticket was paid for with a credit card. Most of the on-line sites will list on their receipt page the type of credit card used (Mastercard, VISA, American Express…). Note that most times this payment information does not show on a "Confirmation" or "Itinerary" page, so SAE ITC asks that you find and forward the "Receipt" page. SAE ITC will accept a faxed receipt copy from a car rental company. If submitting mileage for reimbursement, please submit a breakdown of miles traveled to and from the work destination or event. This could be the total mileage experienced, the to and from locations, or even a map between locations detailing the travel.